INCREASES PRODUCTIVITY WHILE PROTECTING EQUIPMENT
UTEX Smoothdrill® and updated design, King Cobra®, shock absorbers are produced for installation in rotary blasthole drill rigs used in open-pit mining operations. The shock absorber is threaded inline between the top motor drive and the drill string below, which continues down to the tricone bit at the surface.
A proven product, that extends drilling equipment life, equates to lower dollar/foot cost over time. While most shock absorbers on the market are similarly effective in protecting the drill from axial (vertical) vibration in the Z axis, UTEX shock absorbers have demonstrated exceptional isolation in the torsional (X & Y) axes as well thanks to our engineered rubber compound. This sums to increased protection for the drill machinery.
GENERAL BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Long-life damping rubber element (pictured on the right)
- Positive stops for making and breaking thread
- Assists in torque control
- Keeps bit in constant contact with the formation
- Extended drill rig, tricone, and drive motor life
- Vertical vibrations reduced by 70%
- Rotary vibrations reduced by 35%
- Compensates for drill pipe misalignment
Same General Benefits as Above Plus:
- Positive stop for making and breaking thread
- Longer rubber element life
Improved torque control
- Long life of damping rubber element for improve torque control
Same Benefits as SmoothDrive® Plus:
- Enhanced safety through modular construction
- Quick field repairs, no weld rebuilds
- Hardened impact face for increased life
- Replaceable lugs provided with rebuild kits
In the 3rd quarter of 2021 UTEX signed an agreement with Terelion LLC, to support them as our exclusive King Cobra® mining shock absorber distributor in the Americas. This covers the territories of the United States, and Central and South America. This decision was based on expanding UTEX’s reach for our patented King Cobra® mining shock absorbers which have been proven in the mines for the past decade. Terelion’s mining presence, and UTEX’s class-leading manufacturing, will be mutually valuable to both companies.
Need more information specific to Shock Subs? We'll point you in the right direction.