INCREASES PRODUCTIVITY WHILE PROTECTING EQUIPMENT
UTEX Smoothdrill® and updated design, King Cobra®, shock absorbers are produced for installation in rotary blasthole drill rigs used in open-pit mining operations. The shock absorber is threaded inline between the top motor drive and the drill string below, which continues down to the tricone bit at the surface.
A proven product, that extends drilling equipment life, equates to lower dollar/foot cost over time. While most shock absorbers on the market are similarly effective in protecting the drill from axial (vertical) vibration in the Z axis, UTEX shock absorbers have demonstrated exceptional isolation in the torsional (X & Y) axes as well thanks to our engineered rubber compound. This sums to increased protection for the drill machinery.
GENERAL BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Long-life damping rubber element (pictured on the right)
- Positive stops for making and breaking thread
- Assists in torque control
- Keeps bit in constant contact with the formation
- Extended drill rig, tricone, and drive motor life
- Vertical vibrations reduced by 70%
- Rotary vibrations reduced by 35%
- Compensates for drill pipe misalignment
Same General Benefits as Above Plus:
- Positive stop for making and breaking thread
- Longer rubber element life
Improved torque control
- Long life of damping rubber element for improve torque control
Same Benefits as SmoothDrive® Plus:
- Enhanced safety through modular construction
- Quick field repairs, no weld rebuilds
- Hardened impact face for increased life
- Replaceable lugs provided with rebuild kits
Utex has successfully supplied a variety of mines and customers for decades, including some of the major OEMs in the mining industry. Reach out to us with your drill specifications for a quote. For additional information on our product’s longevity please see a recent case study in which our King Cobra shock subs exceed their promised hours of use at a copper mine in Northern Mexico.
Need more information specific to Shock Subs? We'll point you in the right direction.